Friday, April 29, 2011

Anime

I love anime. For my birthday this year there is a 78 hour long anime convention in Seattle. So I really want to go but I really don't want to go alone. I mean when I think about it I am sure that I would have fun by myself and maybe meet some new people but Anime kids are weird. I am weird but not like that. I do however have almost all of a Naruto themed costume but what does that mean...I know...I know.

I have been watching anime a lot more lately and I have been loving it. I love the overacting and the amazing art. I love the variety. Well back to this anime convention. So my idea was that if no one would go with me for the whole weekend I could spend the first day by myself and convince a few of my friends to come on the Saturday and then spend the third day as a wrap up alone and then head home. The main thing is affording the hotel for the three days but by that time my friends should all be living in the Seattle area so maybe I could crash at their place. The only thing about that is I like the idea of staying the hotel and experiencing the whole aspect of the convention but its pretty expensive.

When I try to justify the expense I try and tell myself that "when does something like this ever fall on your birthday weekend" and "You could always save money so that you can make it possible" and "You could have your wife spend the weekend with her sister so that you don't have to worry about her being home alone." But are any of these ideas any good? Probably not but I hope that I will have enough courage to do this alone. I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea to go down there and have the guys meet you, as long as they aren't going to flake. It could be so much fun for you and such a good birthday present for yourself. If you wanted, I could go with you for that first Friday, or meet you on the Sunday or something, OR I could go down will Molls so you don't have to worry about me! Either way, you could totally save up for the hotel...you deserve to have whatever birthday you want, after the last couple of years of stomach flu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge.I liked it a lot tiktok viewer

    ReplyDelete