Saturday, April 9, 2011

Music

Music. Yes I am going to breach the topic of music. I know that the topics you are not supposed to talk about are politics, religion, and sex. But I feel that music should be added to that list. It should be the fourth taboo topic of modern conversation. I don't know how many times I have gotten into hour long arguments about how I feel that The Beatles have shaped the music industry and all modern rock stars should understand that without The Beatles there wouldn't be pop music.

OK and for those people who are saying that if it wasn't them it would have been someone else but that argument doesn't make sense because it was them. If someone else could have done it they would have. Unless we are talking about time travel and alternate universes but I don't think we are. I love music in general and if you were to scan the list on my I pod you would see a very eclectic list of music. I have everything from Hip hop to country. But I do have to say that I hate classical music. I understand the pain and sorrow and pure talent that went into composing most of those songs but I can't get down with it. It bores me to tears. My brain wants to commit suicide when I hear Beethoven. I don't really know why that is. I think of myself as a semi-intellectual but man do I hate classical music. 

What I really want to say is that music is a huge part of my life and I would be nothing without it. I am not saying that in a real way I just mean I feel that way. I am sure that if music no longer existed I would find some other source for my outlet of energy and what not but I really love it. I love hearing the soul of a song when it is written by someone who is passionate about who and what they are. But on the same note I hate songs that are sung by people who didn't write them. I only hate them in principle not really in any other way because a lot of pop songs are catchy and I will sing along knowing that the person singing doesn't really feel that way but it does lessen the songs value in my mind.

Sorry that this post is late but I was having too much fun and forgot to post before midnight! I guess two posts in one day won't kill me.

In the immortal words of Kurt Cobain "Come as you are, as you were, as I wanted you to be"

No comments:

Post a Comment