Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Comics

For Christmas this year my wife gave me I think three graphic novels. She had already given me two for my birthday two months earlier so I am literally up to here. You can't see my hand but its pretty high. She gave me ones that I have wanted for awhile and some that I wanted just because. I have read a total of one of them and about half way through that one I realized that I had already read most of it.

Why is it that I love comics so much but I can't get myself to sit down and just read them. I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am also in the middle of another series by Micheal Moorecock that is pretty rad and I am also re-reading the Harry Potter series. Having all of these materials to read is a little overwhelming. Being that I am on a Green Lantern kick lately I should really read the second graphic novel in the series that I bought but I only really have Batman on the brain. This month the Return of Bruce Wayne came out int hard back and I really want it. Grant Morrison is my favorite comic book writer and he has made Batman a relevant character again. After Bruce Wayne died I was so happy that Dick Grayson took up the cowl and became his own Batman. Just thinking about this makes me want to drive to the comic shop and drop a hundred dollars on all the Batman issues that I want but can I really do that. I guess with all of these stories brewing in my brain I want to just absorb them all and became a Batman fact generator. But alas I have a wife and I work and go to school so it just isn't possible.

OK I guess I will leave it at that for tonight. I am sure that when I finally catch up on my graphics I will post all about them.

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely read that new Batman novel, because I LOVE it when you tell me all about them! You're so good at re-telling stories and I could listen to you all day. For that matter....you should read me some Shel Silverstein right now!

    ReplyDelete