Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time

Time travel is one of my favorite story telling devices ever. If you give me a movie, TV show, book, comic, or basically anything to do with time travel you will have me hooked. I love the idea and the science behind each telling and retelling of how they achieve it.

I always love the Star Trek episodes that deal either with time travel or alternate universes but they usually have to do with someone going back in time and changing something that alters the time line and what not but yeah I just love it. My favorite movie is Back to the Future because of these things. I love the fact that even the time travel element is really just a background joke to an even larger idea of what could be done. Someday I hope to write a well thought out story involving time travel. Where hopes and dreams revolve around a single droplet of water. Where time and space are relative and settings and people changed in small and in huge ways.

I feel as if pop culture has not untalized this tool of story telling. Quantum Leap was on prime time for god sakes. We need a sitcom that deals with time travel. Who's with me? Anyone? Probably not but I don't really care. The sitcom will run in my head forever and always as long as I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment