Tuesday, April 19, 2011

J Pop

Today I brought some old Cd's that weren't labeled into the car to try and find out what was on them. The first one I put in was just a really bad old mix of songs that brought me back to when I was all angsty and what not. So many sad memories of me just sitting in my bedroom listening to the same sad mix of songs over and over again until I cried myself to sleep.... OK enough with the sad stuff.

So after a few other crappy mixes I popped in a masterpiece of anime theme songs. The delicious sounds of the Japanese Pokemon theme song busted through my cars speakers and I was amazed at how it made me feel. I remember the days when I was so addicted to anime that I only listened to J-pop bands that also did anime theme songs. I miss those days when it was OK to be a giant nerd. It did help that I worked in a Anime shop and what not but that is not really the point. I just wish that I could go back to those days of sitting all day watching anime and playing video games. Now that I am married and have to work a crappy job and go to school, when I have free time I tell myself that I need to be doing something productive with my time even though I end up doing nothing. I should have spent my time on catching up on Naruto and other shows I love but I am a pretty weird person.

I think I am going to force myself to get back into my old anime ways. I have more money now then I had them and I could spend all of my disposable income on it and I think I will.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since you bought a new anime! You should go for it.

    ReplyDelete